Thursday, November 08, 2007

New JPG Photographer...well, subject



After years of debate and desire, Rebecca and I decided to add a member of our family. We have been searching for dogs for a few months, and we came across Mutt at the Whimsical Animal Rescue in Seaford, Del. When the owner found him, he was living on his own in an abandoned and dilapidated apartment. They thought he was five weeks old. Turned out, he was 7 months! Tammy at WAR (yes, odd acronym) has taken great care of him, and we adopted Mutt on Monday.

Now, Bec and I aren't thrilled with the name, although he responds to it. So we're going to trial, and some error, on names, but we think he is liking Gus! He's just beautiful, and everyone is loving him. He hasn't barked once since he's been with us and he cuddles with everyone.

Please wish us luck with our child ... OK, while many of our couples are moving onto children, we're taking it a bit slower. But this IS a big step for me because I've never had a dog. My whole life, I've played with my friend's canines, but I never had one for me. Well, now I'm doing it. So, I'll also take tips too...




2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on the new family member! Dogs bring something special to a family- unequivocal love, loyalty and soul. I love the photos of you, Rebecca and Gus- we can see that he is already so loved! Congratulations, again, and bonjour a Paris! Amanda and Kenney Miller

emilie said...

Awwww.... congratulations! Mutt's eyes are so soulful. I'm sure he will bring you many more laughs and endless love.